Monday 13 April 2015

Students' exchange written by Meelis


So, our school had that foreign exchange program happen with Italians. I had the pleasure of housing Fabio Frando Frandino. He was quite shy and didn’t know much English. The first day I just sent him off with the others to go to Räpina and he made a glass painting thing there.
Glass painting workshop
He really didn’t talk much, just spent most of his time on his phone. On the first family organized day, I sent him off to the road museum with other Italians. After he and Alo’s Italian arrived back, we went to look at racing cars at ASRT. The German exchange student a long while back was more impressed by the cars than the two Italians. They did get to sit in the cars themselves and got a tour of the inner workings on car rally’s.


I had plans to go bowling with him, but those pretty much fell short because other random stuff happened first. So we spent the reminder of the day at Alo’s place playing video games and having fun mostly. We played COD and some UT3 on Alo’s PS3. Sadly we were kind of limited in our playing capacity, because Alo only had one controller. The next day he did get us another controller, and we had loads of fun. The day ended with Koits birthday, where Fabio did go, but I did not. I think they got back from the party at like 5 in the morning or something. 

Sunday was only spent in Tartu. We went to Ahhaa and spent a good few hours there. The Italians seemed to have liked the science centre, because they spent a lot of time trying to get their exact weight to 83 to open up a ball hanging up in the ceiling. After all those shenanigans, we went out to eat with the rest and ordered pizza. Me and Alo shared one small pizza while the two Italians with us shared the biggest pizza buyable and ate the whole thing. It was awe inspiring, because I was full from just two slices of my own pizza and they just kept chugging down theirs without worry. 

After that awe inspiring moment we finally went to South-centre (Lõunakeskus). Everyone went to the 4D cinema to be on a spooky scary skeleton ride that sent shivers down most of the people’s spines. My ears did not enjoy the screaming that most of the girls did. After the spooky ride was over the Italians went shopping and later on went to the adventure park above. I did not go with them because I already went up there with the German exchange student once. I had enough thrills from that one time to last for the rest of my life. The Italians spent like an hour going through it, and Fabio almost fell as well, but pulled himself back up. After that we pretty much packed our stuff up and headed back home and got ready for the next day of school where the Italians were also coming.

The school day was just an average school day for me.
In the lesson
I did have to make a presentation about families, because the director asked for it, and I do believe I presented it fairly well with humour.

The rest of the school day was unremarkable, with the exception of the soccer game. After the school day the school party started. I did not take part in the festivities in the normal sense, because I was always running around filming the whole thing. After that long party and day was finished, we said our goodbyes in the morning of the next day and sent the Italians back to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment